Who can use this service?
- All students, faculty and staff are eligible to use Interlibrary Loan. Interlibrary loan is limited to students, faculty, and staff.
- Individuals who request items in a timely manner. You can use Interlibrary Loan in a rush, but we cannot guarantee that you will benefit from it. (See below.)
- Please allow 5-14 days for your requested materials to arrive. While you may make an "emergency/rush" request for an article, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to provide the article in the time requested. Books are shipped via USPS and may take up to 2 weeks to arrive. ILLs are processed during normal library hours, so evening requests and weekend requests will be submitted on the next business day.
What kinds of materials may I request?
- Books (physical copies only, eBooks cannot be borrowed)
- Journal articles
- Newspaper articles
- Copies of archival material, microfilm/fiche, and other special formats are available on consideration
What kinds of materials cannot be borrowed via Interlibrary Loan?
- Materials that are only available in libraries outside of the continental United States (This restriction is due to shipping time and postage cost. If this material is crucial to your work, please speak with a member of the library staff so that we can work with you to find a solution.)
- Required textbooks for classes
- Materials required for class (Examples: for students: required reading; for faculty: materials for in-classroom use)
- Audiovisual materials (DVDs, BlueRay, CDs, etc.)
- Reference books, textbooks, antiquarian books, and archival materials are not usually items that we can get on Interlibrary Loan. Occasionally, books considered rare or fragile will be sent with a “use in library only” stipulation. Only people who can come to Moye Library would benefit from such a loan.
- An entire journal or many articles from the same journal.
- Copyright law requires that anyone requesting more than two articles from the same journal must pay royalty fees. All such fees will be fully passed on to the requester, and average about $30.00 each. We are limited in the number of articles we may request from a specific journal in a five-year period, so please be conscientious of this when requesting articles.
What does it cost?
It's FREE! For most interlibrary loans, there are no charges.
If a fee is required to access a specific article Moye Library will cover up to $10.00 of that cost. When the cost is greater, you may be asked to pay a part of the fee and will be contacted with a specific price. Orders requiring a fee will not be placed without your approval. (We can also help you find a similar article if you decide that you want to cancel your request.)
How are requests for Interlibrary Loans placed?
- Request using our Interlibrary Loan Request Form.
- Request directly from Worldcat Discovery:
- Click the "Request Item through Interlibrary Loan" button in the library catalog. Fill out the form and submit it. Be sure to include your Patron ID (your UMO student/faculty ID number) and a valid UMO email. Choose the department and role that most closely fits you, even if it is not exact.
- If you do not receive a follow-up email acknowledging your request within the next business day, please email Kchandler@umo.edu directly.
- Request items via email:
- E-mail requests directly to Kelsey Chandler. Please include as much information as you have on the article as well as your name and contact information.
- An easy way to do this: Email the citation/article information to yourself and forward this email to Kelsey Chandler. If you email us without including your name and contact information, we will not be able to place the request.
- Please give us the following information with your request:
- Full name
- Student id number and/or UMO email address
- The date by which you need the material
- Whether you want this specific edition of the item, the most recent edition, or any edition available (This is a button option in the ILL form in Worldcat Discovery.)
- Any notes for us (Examples: Instructions to contact you via an alternate email address or phone number, letting us know a request is urgent, etc.)
What is the delivery timeframe?
Two weeks is the average time for materials to arrive. Articles often arrive more quickly. Rare or difficult to obtain materials may take longer. For very popular or new books, sometimes the request must be placed more than once.
How is the resource delivered?
- Materials are sent to the library via USPS. They will be available for in-person pickup at the Reference Desk in the Learning Commons area of Moye Library. The individual who placed the request MUST be the same individual picking up the book.
- Journal articles will be sent via email to your UMO email address. The email will provide a link and a password to access the article. Please download and save the article once you access it because the link and password are time-sensitive.
- Off-campus borrowers may request that materials be sent to them for no charge at the address of their choice. (Off-campus borrowers are responsible for the cost of sending the materials back to the library in a timely manner as well as any costs associated with lost materials.)
How long can I keep my requested materials?
- Articles are yours to keep. Please save them since we cannot request an article twice.
- Articles are for your personal use only.
- For books and all other items, the lending library sets the due date. This is written on the slip that is placed inside the book. Please return items before the due date. For mailed items, please allow 5 days for delivery.
- You are encouraged to complete your research by the original due date. If it is absolutely necessary to request a renewal, you should contact Kelsey Chandler prior to the date the material is due. Not all libraries will grant renewals.
- Do not keep materials borrowed from other libraries past their due dates. To do so jeopardizes our borrowing relationship with other libraries and also your privilege to borrow interlibrary loans in the future. Overdue fines may be assessed.
How will I know when my item is available for pickup?
- Books and other physical materials: You will receive an email notifying you that the item is available for pickup at Moye Library.
- Articles and other digital materials: You will receive an email from Article Exchange notifying you that your article is in and providing both a link and password to access the article.
- If we cannot get the requested item, we will let you know. If this item seems like something we can get by requesting the item at a later date, we will ask you if you want us to request it again.
Please direct any questions or concerns to Kelsey Chandler at KChandler@umo.edu.